Saturday, December 28, 2013

Reusable Grocery Bag with Birds for Christmas

Reusable Grocery Bag with Birds for Christmas
I made my mom a reusable grocery bag for Christmas.  She LOVED it!  ...which makes my heart sing! Don't you just love that magic of giving a gift that someone likes and adores?  Yes, yes, yes!

It was made from my last sample of Ikea fabric, and some selections from my stash.  I also included a screen print of my blog address on the orange dot fabric.  I think it turned out well and I hope my mom will enjoy using this little bag for a long time. 

Meanwhile, now that I have the general idea of how to make these lovelies, I have ordered something that I have been coveting for quite some time.  It is Expensive, which is not my norm.  But sometimes you just have to go where your heart takes you...

I can't decide if I will make more shopping bags from whole pieces, or chop it up and mix it with some other fabrics?  hmm....

2 comments:

LynneP said...

I love your latest shopping bags. They are so cheerful and fun! I also appreciated seeing your process for your quilts...much much more work than the photo I see on my computer. So beautiful and complex!

Kathy York said...

Thanks Lynne! Glad you are liking my work, and the process that goes along with it. Happy sewing!